Overlooking some of the best mountain views in Austria, this 45-square-meter tree house designed by Peter Jungmann is a fully-furnished and functional home set on a hillside in the village of Nußdorf/Debant in Osttirol near Lienz. Playfully taking its name from a combination of the words ‘UFO’ and ‘Vogel,’ which means bird in German, Ufogel is set on structural stilts and was commissioned by a family as a holiday house that would capitalize on the spectacular views available while having as little impact on the natural environmental as possible.
The Ufogel is the creation of an extraordinary and comfortably appointed tree house made almost entirely of larch wood. The tree house is comfortably appointed with a kitchen unit, WC and designer shower. Large panorama windows bring nature indoors to you, while the curved timber structure covered with traditional shingles creates a feeling of warmth and security. This makes the Ufogel a refuge full of warmth and rustic character where you will sleep soundly with the feeling you have returned to the origins of the home.
- Overlooks some of the best mountain views in Austria
- 45-square-meter of multi- functional living space
- Eco-friendly rooms with large panorama windows
- Located in Nußdorf, 1 km from the Zettersfeld Ski Area
- Property type: Tree house hotel
- Treehouse category: Stilts
- Accommodates: 4 (1 double bed + 2 single beds)
- Tea/coffee makers
- Surface size: 45 m²
- Outdoors: Garden
- Ski: Ski storage
- Activitie: Golf course (within 3 km), Skiing, Hiking
- Internet: Free WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Parking: Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- General: Non-smoking rooms, Heating, Air conditioning
- Languages spoken: Italian, German
- Suitable for children: yes
- Pets allowed: no
The Ufogel Tree house hotel can be booked here from 840€ for 7 days. Lock in a great price today for your upcoming stay and get instant confirmation with FREE cancellation on most rooms with booking.com.
Architect: Peter Jungmann
Source and images © Peter Jungmann